Landstar BCO Minimum Requirements
These are the minimum qualification standards to become an owner operator with Landstar, subject to DOT requirements. The Landstar Carrier Group may impose more stringent requirements at its option. However, at no time will anyone reduce these minimum standards or make exceptions for less qualified prospective owner operators.
- 23 years of age or older.
- Class A CDL with HazMat (H) or combination (X) endorsement.
- One (1) year of verifiable over-the-road driving within the past three years (3) or three years verifiable experience in the last 10 years, of which six months must be within the previous 48 months, with a Class “A” CDL using the type of equipment similar to what you will be operating at Landstar.
- No more than three (3) moving violations within the past three (3) years, with no more than one (1) excessive speeding (15+) within the last three (3) years.
- No at fault DOT recordable accident(s) within the past 12 months.
- No DUI or DWI in the past five (5) years, and no felony convictions in the past seven (7) years.
- No reckless driving, careless driving, and no suspension of drivers license over thiry (30) days in the past three (3) years.
- Must be able to speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to offical inquiries and to make entries on reports and records.
- No prior positive tests from any drug and/or alcohol testing performed by applicant’s previous employers or lease carriers.