Benefits of a Heavy Haul Owner Operator
When you become a heavy haul owner-operator, you are never alone. Landstar owner-operators are family and are treated as such. Take control over your business, and gain the ability to choose your own hours, make the money you want and be 100% non-forced dispatch!
Receive excellent rates when hauling heavy haul loads. Also, owner-operators can qualify for heavy haul loads after completing two years of flatbed or step-deck oversized experience after leasing with Landstar.
Landstar is 100% non-forced dispatch. This means you get to pick and choose when you go out on the road. Also, you get more time at home with your loved ones. Never miss an important moment with your family.
Landstar Heavy Haul Load Board
With Landstar’s Heavy Haul Load Board, you have access to thousands of available loads. The Load Board allows you to filter loads according to your needs, such as – location, equipment type, desired destination, desired rate, weight, dates, and more.
Be Your Own Boss
With Landstar, you get to call the shots. You are in complete control of your business. While you get to make your decisions based on your needs, you are never alone. Landstar offers the Landstar Contractors Advantage Purchasing Program (LCAPP).
Landstar Heavy Haul Requirements
Landstar and DOT requires owner-operators to meet the following minimum requirements:
- 23 years of age
- Class A CDL with HazMat (H) or Combination (X) Endorsement
- 1-year experience of over-the-road driving in the last three years – or three years of experience in the previous ten years. Within those ten years, six months must be within the last 48 months with a Class A CDL using the same equipment you will be operating at Landstar.
- No more than three moving violations in the last three years.
- No more than one excessive speeding (over 15 mph) over the previous three years.
- No at fault DOT accidents in the last 12 months.
- No past DUI or DWI charges in the last five years.
- No felony convictions in the last seven years.
- There is no reckless driving, careless driving, and no driver’s license suspension over 30 days in the previous three years.
- Must be able to adequately speak English and be able to conversate with the public.
- Must be able to understand traffic signs and be able to make entries on reports and records.
- No positive drug or alcohol tests from previous employers or lease carriers.
Heavy Haul Owner-Operator Salary
Specializing in heavy haul trucking does not always mean you will only haul heavy freight. Instead, there could be times you haul regular freight, but when larger freight needs hauled, you will be the one who gets called out. It is hard to put an exact number on how much a heavy haul owner-operator makes yearly. However, the larger freight you haul, the more you will make.
The average salary for heavy haul owner-operators in the United States is $69,577. However, top heavy haul earns can earn up to $84,000 or more.
Whether you are looking to haul freight for heavy haul, dry van, step deck, or expedited, your future can begin with Landstar. Landstar is always looking for owner-operators who want to pursue their future and control their business.
At Landstar, owner-operators are a top priority and treated like family. Landstar allows owner-operators to be in control of their own business and call all the shots. However, Landstar provides you with all the tools and resources to maintain a successful business and continue to grow within the trucking industry.
Landstar Owner-Operators = Freedom
As a Landstar heavy haul owner-operator, you are in complete control of your success and weekly settlements. Landstar knows that heavy haul trucking is in high demand, and we understand how important your business is to us. Landstar invites you to lease on as an owner-operator, and when you do, you partner up with the best!
The main reason I chose Landstar is the freedom, flexibility and stability. With over 10k owner operators, that speaks volumes,. They are an all around great company, I have no regrets.