Landstar pays a percentage of the load revenue for each load you haul plus 100% of the fuel surcharge. Owner-operators pay will vary depending on whether you haul with your trailer or lease a trailer from Landstar. Below is an example of how to calculate load revenue with a company trailer.
- Company Van Trailer (65% of 100%) no weekly trailer rental fee
- Company Flatbed / Stepdeck (73% of 100%) with weekly trailer rental fee
- Company Stretch / Double Drop Trailer (74% of 100%) with weekly trailer rental fee
- Trailer Rental Fees: Flatbed ($170 / Week), Stepdeck ($185 / Week), Extendible ($385 / Week), *Double Drop ($285 / Week) * There is usually a waiting list for stretch and double drop trailers.
- Own Van Trailer (72% of 100%)
- Own Flatbed or Stepdeck Trailer (73% of 100%)
- Own Refrigerated Trailer (75% of 100%)
- Own Specialized Trailer including double drop, tri-axle, insulated van with heater (74% of 100%)
- Own Heavy Haul Trailer (4 or more axles) Trailer (75% of 100%)
- Escrow – A $1000.00 escrow is required. Deducted at $62.50 per week for 16 weeks.
- Plates * – Illinois annual base plate $1700. Deducted at $94.44 per week for 18 weeks.
- Permits* – Annual permit cost $200. Deducted at $11.11 per week for 18 weeks.
- Seal & Lock Program –
Vans – “Warlok” or “Enforcer” lock kit. The lock kit includes locks for trailer, kingpin and air cuffs. $125.00 deducted from settlements $25.00 per week for 5 weeks.
- Platform – Air cuff lock required. “Enforcer” $35.00 “War-Lock” $45.00
- Communications – **Landstar Communication Network Cost – $3.69 per week.
- Electronic Logging Device – (ELD Omnitracs) All new hires are required to have an ELD in their truck. Depending on the year of the truck, the cost of the ELD and the monthly air time fee varies but is deducted over a weekly time frame from settlements.
* Deductions for plate and permits do not start until the 5th week.
** A cell phone is required as a minimum communications device.