Heavy Haul Opportunities
Do you want to be in control of your own success? Is being your own boss a dream come true? When you sign on as an owner-operator with Landstar – you grow your business the way you want by choosing your own loads that give have the freedom to be at home with your family when you choose.
When leasing with Landstar, you have access to our Load Board full of opportunities, for vans (van, dedicated van or temperature-controlled van) or expedited (automotive, AA&E, pharmaceutical & high value).
When you have the freedom to choose your own shipment, it puts you in control of having a successful business on your own terms.
- Heavy Haul Owner Operators
- Team Owner Operators
- Fleet Owner Operators
More reasons owner-operators
While you are your own boss and get to make specific decisions regarding your business, Landstar is still there to help you. We support all of our drivers to help with your success. Your success is our success. With Landstar’s percentage pay, when hauling rates increase, so does your weekly settlements. We care for our drivers, and no matter which type of equipment you haul, you always have a future with Landstar.
The Landstar system is a global transportation company built to support independent agents, owner-operators and customers with tools and technology to help them successfully run their own businesses.
- 23+ years old
- Class A CDL
- Hazmat endorsement
- One year verifiable OTR experience
- Verifiable driving history
- No DOT-recordable/preventable accident in past 12 months
- No serious violations in past 36 months, including reckless driving or careless endangerment
- No DUI in past 60 months
- Overall safe driving record
- Felony and misdemeanor charges reviewed case-by-case
- No positive drug or alcohol tests