Heavy Haul Opportunities
Do you want to be in control of your own success? Is being your own boss a dream come true? When you sign on as an owner-operator with Landstar – you can grow your business the way you want by choosing loads that give you the freedom to be at home with your family.
When leasing with Landstar, you have access to the Load Board, which is full of opportunities, for vans (van, dedicated van, or temperature-controlled van) or expedited (automotive, AA&E, pharmaceutical & high-value) freight.
When you have the freedom to choose your own shipment, it puts you in control of having a successful business on your terms.
- Heavy Haul Owner Operators
- Team Owner Operators
- Fleet Owner Operators
More reasons owner-operators
While you are your own boss and get to make specific decisions regarding your business, Landstar is still there to help you. We support all our drivers and help with your success. Your success is our success. With Landstar’s percentage pay, when hauling rates increase, so does your weekly settlements. We care for our drivers, and no matter which type of equipment you haul, you always have a future with Landstar.
You're in Charge
- Dispatch Yourself. Choose the loads that meet your business needs.
- Never be forced or penalized to take a load.
- Head out and go home whenever you want. We won't get in your way.
You'll Always Be in Demand
- Have 24/7 online access to Landstar's load board.
- Search by what matters to you, including rate, origin, or destination.
- Get automatically notified by phone or email when loads meet your criteria.
We'll Help You All the Way
- Revenue. With the percentage model, as rates go up, so does your revenue.
- Secure big discounts on fuel, tires, parts, service, and more.
- If you don't have a trailer, haul ours: vans, flatbeds, step decks or specialized
The Landstar system is a global transportation company built to support independent agents, owner-operators, and customers with tools and technology to help run their own business successfully.
- 23+ years old
- Class A CDL
- Hazmat endorsement
- One-year verifiable OTR experience
- Verifiable driving history
- No DOT-recordable/preventable accident in past 12 months
- No serious violations in the past 36 months, including reckless driving or careless endangerment
- No DUI in past 60 months
- Overall safe driving record
- Felony and misdemeanor charges reviewed case-by-case
- No positive drug or alcohol tests
Want a Demo of Our Freight Load Board?
We offer daily live demonstrations of Landstar’s Freight Load Board.
Or call us at 877-441-9128.