What are the minimum requirements for signing on with Landstar?
To qualify with Landstar, you must meet their minimum operator qualifications. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, contact our recruiting office 330-484-6013 ext.404.
- 23 years of age or older.
- Class A CDL with HazMat (H) or combination (X) endorsement.
- One (1) year of verifiable over-the-road driving within the past three years (3) or three years verifiable experience in the last 10 years, of which six months must be within the previous 48 months, with a Class “A” CDL using the type of equipment similar to what you will be operating at Landstar.
- No more than three (3) moving violations within the past three (3) years, with no more than one (1) excessive speeding (15+) within the last three (3) years.
- No at fault DOT recordable accident(s) within the past 12 months.
- No DUI or DWI in the past five (5) years, and no felony convictions in the past seven (7) years.
- No reckless driving, careless driving, and no suspension of drivers license over thiry (30) days in the past three (3) years.
- Must be able to speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to offical inquiries and to make entries on reports and records.
- No prior positive tests from any drug and/or alcohol testing performed by applicant’s previous employers or lease carriers.
What is the process to getting signed on with Landstar and how long does it take?
First, you will need to fill out our 10 page application and submit to Landstar. It will take you about 20-30 minutes to complete. Landstar will pull your DAC, MVR, and work history. Then, you will be asked for a long form physical, medical card, copy of your truck title, and a copy of your 2290 (highway use tax). Landstar will also require you to take a drug test at one of their facilities and have your truck inspected at a Landstar approved facility. Lastly, you’ll attend a 2-day orientation. The process usually takes any where from 3 to 4 weeks.
How do I check on the status of my application?
After you’ve submitted your application, it takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to get you setup in Landstar’s system before you can check on the status of your application. If you have filled out our application, give us a call and we can check on the status. If you have filled out an application on Landstar’s website then contact corporate at 800-435-4010. .
I want to sign on with Landstar but don’t have 1 year over the road experience.
The best thing for you to do is search for companies offering training. Work with them for a year to get your experience and then apply to Landstar.
We're here to help.
Landstar Agent Awards
Agent of the Year Award in Landstar history. Also, awarded Top Driver Recruiting Office in the country.