Each year the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) holds an inspection such as the International Roadcheck. This year the International Roadcheck was scheduled for May 5th – 7th. However, since the COVID-19 outbreak, the CVSA has made a conscious decision to postpone this inspection to sometime later this year. As of now, the exact date has not been released. During this time, the CVSA will closely monitor the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) to determine the new dates for the International Roadcheck.
Keep in mind; Operation Safe Driver Week is still scheduled for July 12th – 18th, and the Brake Safety Week is scheduled for August 23rd – 29th. During this time, follow up with any maintenance that may need to be done to your truck.
How to Protect Yourself During Regular Roadside Safety Inspections
Since the regular roadside safety inspections are still in place, it is important to protect yourself and others from contracting COVID-19. The CVSA recently shared a webinar titled “The Trucking Industry’s Guide to Infectious Substances and COVID-19,” and below are some tips to protect yourself against COVID-19 and other infectious substances:
- Practice social distancing. Keep a minimum 6-foot distance from others when possible.
- Use safety precautions to protect yourself.
- Use issued protective equipment.
- Do not attempt to do anything that is above your initial training.
- Disinfect your equipment daily as well as your personal self
- Use different methods to communicate with other drivers and inspectors to lessen in-person contact
While this can be an uneasy time for all, it is important to remember good personal hygiene and ensure we are following the recommended 6-foot rule. From everyone here at Landstar, we want to thank our drivers for going above and beyond and being on the front line to help serve our communities.