You may have your well-established list of items you pack while on the road, but there are many resources you may find useful that aren’t already on your list. Check out the below items and make a packing list of what’s most important to you for life on the road.
One of the important items to pack is a device to keep food cold. This is an important tool and there are a variety of devices that have been developed over the years. From thermo-electric coolers to compact refrigerators, with a little research, you’ll find a product that is most suitable for your needs.
When you need the convenience of being able to use the restroom on the road, opt for a portable toilet. Save yourself from having to pull over whenever you the need may arise.
An item known as the Porta Potti can serve multiple functions outside of just being a portable toilet. Use it to clean dishes, brush your teeth or wash your hands. There are many manufacturers for this type of product. Search the web for a size that fits your truck.
Established transportation logistics providers like Non-Forced Dispatch Company which operate on Landstar Owner Operator Program, usually guide their clients regarding what size of portable toilet would fit their truck, where it can be purchased, and other things they may require on the go.
Below is a list of additional items along with their benefits highly recommended by Non-Forced Dispatch Company
- Baby wipes serve as a cleaning tool for a variety of tasks.
- For another low cost cleaning agent, try baking soda.
- A sleeping bag, bed sheets and blankets are likely already on your list – but there are items on the market designed specifically for truckers.
- Cameras – try a disposable. Capture images on the road to share with family and friends. You never know what you’ll encounter!
- Keep your truck clean with doormats.
- Grooming tools
- A laptop to check email, weather and traffic updates when on a quick break.
- A compact vacuum cleaner
- A quality pair of sunglasses
- Portable fan or ventilation screens
- First-aid kit
- Rain gear
Be sure to check with your company’s regulations on the items you may or may not bring with you on the road.